EA Standard Notice [not for use with Special Data, Personal Data or unlicensed 3rd party rights]
We (The Environment Agency) do not promise that the Information supplied to You will always be accurate, free from viruses and other malicious or damaging code (if electronic), complete or up to date or that the Information will provide any particular facilities or functions or be suitable for any particular purpose. You must ensure that the Information meets your needs a nd are entirely responsible for the consequences of using the Information. Please also note any specific information warning or guidance supplied to you.
- The Information is protected by intellectual property rights and whilst you hav e certain statutory rights which include the right to read the Information, you are granted no additional use rights whatsoever unless you agree to the licence set out below.
- Commercial use of anything except EA OpenData is subject to payment of a £50 licence fee (+VAT) for each person seeking the benefit of the licence, except for use as an Environment Agency contractor or for approved media use.
- To activate this licence you do not need to contact us (unless you need to pay us a Commercial licence fee) but if you make any use in excess of your statutory rights you are deemed to accept the terms below.
We grant you a worldwide, royalty-free (apart from the £50 licence fee for commercial use), perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use the Information subject to the conditions below.
You are free to:
- copy, publish, distribute and transmit the Information
- adapt the Information
- exploit the Information commercially, for example, by combining it with other Information, or by including it in your own product or application
You must (where you do any of the above):
- ensure that you do not use the Information in a way that suggests any official status or that We endorse you or your use of the Information
- ensure that you do not mislead others or misrepresent the Information or its source or use the Information in a way that is detrimental to the environment, including the risk of reduced future enhancement
- ensure that your use of the Information does not breach the Data Protection Act 1998 or the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
The Information is licensed ‘as is’ and We exclude all representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities in relation to the Information to the maximum extent permitted by law. We are not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information and shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage of any kind caused by its use. We do not guarantee the continued supply of the Information.
This licence is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
“Information” means the information that is protected by copy right or by database right (for example, literary and artistic works, content, data and source code) offered for use under the terms of this licence.
- offering a product or service containing the Information, or any adaptation of it, for a charge, or
- internal use for any purpose, or offering a product or service based on the Information for indirect commercial advantage, by an organisation that is primarily engaged in trade, commerce or a profession.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 03708 506506
Document last modified: Fri Feb 20 2015 11:12:34 GMT Standard Time